[insert creative title here]

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Reflections and Confession

This past weekend I attended a NANC conference with some members of my church. It is a Christian organization that promotes true Biblical counseling and trains counselors. The approach itself is Biblical. After last weekend, God's been showing me some things about myself that I'm not pleased with at all. Things that I haven't done that I should have done and/or should be doing and things that I've done that I have been proud of. Actually, it's also things God has done that I have been proud of.

I have, my whole life, immensely struggled with the fear of man. I didn't quite realize how much until I started reading a book this week that I got at the conference called, When People are Big and God is Small. I'm not even halfway through it, and it has already revealed much of the fear of man in me. Best of all, it's extremely biblical. It demolishes all the "self-esteem" talk of our culture. Everyone struggles with peer pressure, codependency, and/or the fear of man (which is the big one for me), therefore, I believe everyone should read this book. Well, that's enough for plugging the book. :)

I just wanted to confess to everyone that reads this blog that I apologize for my approach to addressing issues that I deem important. I still believe the issues I've addressed are important, but it's my approach that has been very wrong. It has had a sinful air of pride and judgmentalism. I just wanted everyone to know that God is reworking my focus on how I see people.

Again, I am deeply sorry for how I've acted in my posting. I will stive, with the Lord's help, to make my posts God-focused and not try to pin what I talk about on others, but myself instead, including myself in the human race this time.

1 Comments:

  • Great turn of events. I have been waiting for your "Heart Change" and am very pleased. That's Kevin.

    TLB

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 18, 2006 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home