[insert creative title here]

Saturday, September 04, 2004

T.G.I. Friday's

It's been awhile since I've eaten at T.G.I. Friday's. Tonight, my parents and I decided to try it out. I was expecting pretty good food and terrible service. Not only did we get what I expected, we also got a special treat.

There was a loud noise of dishes and glasses and some thumping sounds coming from the bar. When it lasted longer than two seconds, I immediately realized it was probably a fight. After noticing several people standing up, I did the same and looked over the wall and through the glass (right next to us) to look into the bar. Lo and behold, I saw a drunk man being restrained, and I heard a bunch of shouting. It was quickly resolved, but everyone in the restaurant was either shaken up or annoyed. My father and I were the latter, while my mother was the former. "Ha ha. We need David here," I thought. My dad later said something along the same lines.

What was most annoying about this scenario? The fact that one of the men that was about to get involved was sitting to the table to our left with his family, and he was just as loud as the drunks were, except he was complaining about the whole thing because his kids were there. "This shouldn't happen here. We got kids here. Blah blah blah." That may sound great, but the rest of their time there they were talking about it. He was talking about how he and his father would have taken care of business. Business was already taken care of! The macho attitude some guys have is so stupid. What's he gonna do when a guy pulls a knife on him? He was talking himself up so much that I felt like going over and asking him for his autograph. Yeah, buddy: way to teach your kids violence and arrogance at the same time and terrify your wife by wanting to get involved.

Oh well. Sorry for the ranting. It's just frustrating seeing violent and prideful attitudes in people at the same time. It leads to trouble.

Oh yeah, what was also disturbing was this: When I asked our waiter if they have any bouncers here, he said that a guy behind the bar is about 250 pounds while also saying that most of the waitresses are female. So, if you're one of those crazy bar-hoppers, I hope you feel safe in there, 'cause that's all they got. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home